Mexico offers gastric balloon procedures with more options, such as Orbera and Spatz3, and at a lower cost (normally 50%). There are also Benefits of having the balloon done in Tijuana, Mexico:
- Fast and painless approval and scheduling process
- More options for balloon type, such as one-year adjustable Spatz3 resulting in higher weight loss
- Procedure is performed in a full-service bariatric hospital with overnight stay
- The cost of the Intragastric Balloon (IGB) is half of the U.S. cost
- Medical tourists get to have an out-of-country experience in the warm Mexican experience
Tijuana, Mexico offers one of the most affordable all-inclusive weight loss procedure packages in the world. The cost is half or less of the cost in U.S. and Canada. In most cases, it is even less than the co-pay patients pay in the United States with no wait time as it is the case in Canada.
The approval process is quick and painless. Once the health-questionnaire gets approved by the surgeon, you can conveniently schedule your balloon surgery. There is no long-term wait to visit the surgeon’s office to book your procedure. Also no need to jump through the insurance hoops to get approved.
Tijuana, Mexico has high health-care standards according to Mexican healthcare authorities similar to the United States.
- Hospital facilities that are recognized by medical tourism industry are accredited by organizations, such as JCI and CSG, and have state-of-the-art technology.
- Surgeon’s board certification process for bariatrics are similar in U.S. (MBSAQIP) and Mexico (CMCOEM). However, Mexican surgeons are younger than their U.S. counterparts as they start their training right after high school instead of after their BS degree.
Healthcare in Mexico has much more human touch than the US healthcare system. Physicians and their staff attend patients with much higher quality in Mexico than U.S. and Canada.
Undergoing weight loss procedure in Mexico has its perks; tourism. You are taking a little vacation in a foreign country that is known to have warm and friendly culture.
Mexico Bariatric Center (MBC) was one of the first medical tourism companies to offer InraGastric Balloon (IGB) in Tijuana Mexico. We have over 10 years experience in IGB and our surgeons are well-versed in this non-invasive procedure.